- 50 % Chardonnay – 50 % Grands Crus (Bouzy, Ambonnay)
and 50 % Premiers Crus (Vertus, Bisseuil)
- 50 % Pinot noir – 80 % Grands Crus (Bouzy, Ambonnay)
and 20 % Premiers Crus (Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, Vertus)
- 65 % Grands Crus and 35 % Premiers Crus
- - Dosage : 4 g/liter
- - Ageing : 11 years (tirage in March 2003)
- - Disgorgement in April 2014
- - Ageing after disgorgement : 3 to 6 months
- - Sight :
The golden 'robe' is paired with a delicate
and intense creamy mousse.
- - Nose :
The elegant aromatic complexity is dominated by white and yellow fruits developing themselves into dried fruits notes, pâte de fruits and slightly into "confit" agrumes, followed by delicate smokey scents.
- - Palate :
The wine, delicate and refined, settles gradually, showcasing a beautiful structure with some notes of 'fruits au sirop'.
The slightly bitter 'finale' offers a gorgeous and long elegance.
- - Temperature : 9 to 11°C
- - Garde : ready to be enjoyed - 4 to 6 years
- - Food pairing suggestions : suckling pig in its chestnut sauce, sturgeon filte with roaster hazelnuts, chicken tajine with 'confits' lemons
THE 2002 VINTAGE
In a nutshell: exceptional vintage for the Chardonnays, with outstanding aromatic power and complexity - arguably the best vintage of the decade for Chardonnays, offering great "garde" potential.
After a difficult summer which could have caused a terrible harvest, September was surprisingly gorgeous and dry which ensured the grap maturity; the Chardonnays from the Côte des Blancs showed beautifully with aromatic power and complexity but also finesse, freshness and elegance;
both Pinots revealed maturity, richness and charpente.